(lawk.dawn / lak.daʊn / läk-dau̇n)LockDown Meaning(n.)
Lockdown Meaning in Hindi – (तालाबन्दी / लॉकडाउन / एक ऐसी आपातकालीन व्यवस्ता जिसमे उस जगह से बाहर जाना या प्रवेश करने पर प्रतिबंध होता है / कैदियों को अपने कक्षों तक सीमित रखने (आमतौर पर दंगा के दौरान नियंत्रण पाने के लिए))
Meaning in English – An emergency situation in which people are not allowed to enter or leave a building or area freely / a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure.
Synonyms of Lockdown:- Isolation, Holding cell, Solitary
E.g-1. More than 50 million people in the Philippines remain under lockdown.
2. President warned that if public does not cooperate in maintaining the lockdown, government will have to impose a curfew.
3. The Indian Govt. placed the country into lockdown to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.
4. You can’t shop, or invest in new construction, while on lockdown.
5. The school has been placed on lockdown this morning while authorities investigate a bomb threat.
6. CHINA is seen as an effective model for lockdown amid the coronavirus outbreak.
7. The lockdowns in California and other states sent stock markets tumbling again.
8. A second city in China (Huanggang) is going into lockdown similar to that in Wuhan.
9. China put a second city (Huanggang) into lockdown as similar to that of Wuhan.
10. The Secret Service is imposing a virtual lockdown on the city.
11. France’s full lockdown began at midday on Tuesday.
12. When the gunman was in the building, the school was placed on full lockdown.
13. The university is on ‘lockdown‘ and nobody has been able to leave.
14. Most of us are in the throes of the coronavirus lockdown.
15. The police and army are on the streets to enforce the lockdown.