(di.kri / dih.kree)Decree Meaning(n.)
Decree meaning in Hindi – (हुक्मनामा / फरमान / न्यायिक निर्णय / राजाज्ञा)
Meaning in English – An official order issued by a legal authority / An official order that has the force of law. / A legally binding command or the announcement of such a thing.
Synonyms of Decree:- Command, Declare, Impose, Dictate, bylaw
E.g-1. The decree must be approved by parliament in the next 60 days or it will expire.
2. The Emperor issued the decree repealing martial law.
3. The final decree dissolved their marriage.
4. An official presidential decree on Wednesday annulled her appointment.
5. The mass execution was ratified by a royal decree.
6. the president issued an emergency decree to proceed on his own.
7. Government officials say the decree reflects concern about national security.
8. The court granted her a decree of divorce.