(bæk.o:f)Back off(phrasal vb)
To Retreat / To Abandon / Move backward from a certain position
Synonym– Back down, Pull out, chicken out, bow out
E.g-1. Some protesters then sit down in front of the soldiers who backs off.
2. Charlie wanted to sell his house but later backed off.
3. The Education Department backed off some of its earlier proposals.
4. They later backed off after negotiations with the services failed.
5. Back off, Mom, I am old enough to make my own decision!
6. When he sits too close, I tell him to backs off.
7. Infrared radiation from the sun hits the Earth and reflects backs off the surface.