(असंभव की खोज / असंभय वस्तु के लिए प्रयत्न)
A hopeless quest / Waste a lot of time in search of something that does not exist or is somewhere else.
Synonym- vain attempt, waste of time, wasted effort
Eg-1. I think you are going on a wild-goose chases.
2. Peter hoped fervently that they weren’t on a wild-goose chases.
3. Who wants to be enthusiastic on a wild-goose chases like this?
4. I don’t think anything is going to be solved by a wild-goose chase to Mars.
5. I would not see my client’s money wasted in such a wild-goose chases.
6. Why do you wish me to undertake this wild-goose chases?
7. Arya feels what Mr. Stark is doing is a wild-goose chases.