- Is your Privacy is safe in the online world ?
- If you are concerned about your data on Facebook or WhatsApp, then use the methods described here.
- These days, there is a lot of discussion about online privacy in the world of technology.
- If you want, then you can keep your privacy safe in the online world by showing a little intelligence.
Let’s know its special ways.
Have you know, what Google knows about you ?
- Let’s find out what Google know about you.
- By default, Google collects lots of your data. For know, go to this Link https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity
- The information you see here is only visible to you.
- You should have control over these and want to know, how to delete them.
- Everything saves on this bundle page, Anything you have done on google.
- Gets the overview by clicking on My Account on this page.
- Here, Some settings will be seeing which you can change.
- If you use Youtube, then you can go to this link https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/search_history
- Here, You will see a list, which tells you that what you saw on Youtube.
- You will get the option for deleting the history on the top of this page.
- Apart from this, sometimes users also allow third-party apps to access their Google Account.
- You can view all of them at this link https://myaccount.google.com/permission and can close the access.
- If You want, then you can control those information, which Google uses to show you personalized ads.
- For this you have to go on this link https://adssettings.google.com
- The disadvantage of this is that you will have to look for unnecessary ads, But the advantage of this will be that Google will not be able to share your information with advertisers.
- Topics that are you not interested in, after removal of these, you will see the difference in the next few days.
You can download your data from Google.
- Would you like to download all which Google knows about you?
- For this, after sign in you have to go to this link https://takeout.google.com
- In this, everything will include Like – All files present on the drive, All photos of Google photos, All e-mails, Massages, Contacts, Fitness data, Books, Music, Location history, Your all searches, All videos etc… It will have your full digital life.
Whatsapp is secure, but its backup is not secure.
- You may know, that WhatsApp uses End to End Encryption.
- It means, that no one can see or read the messages sent or received by you, even not even WhatsApp.
- From the point of view of security, This is the ideal situation, Because if any government agency also requests from WhatsApp, then WhatsApp also cannot be able to provide your data.
- All this is possible due to encryption.
- Although, Mostly WhatsApp users save chat backups. In case of ios, it remains stored in Apple’s iCloud and in the case of Android, in Google Drive.
- If you want, then you can also take local backup on your Device, But backups are not encrypted.
- Therefore, the government agency can request to release backup files from Google or Apple’s servers to gain access to all conversations.
Delete your contacts from Facebook
- First of all, you have to decide that somewhere you are not uploading contacts on Facebook.
- Open the menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines on the iPhone App.
- Scroll down to find settings.
- Go to Upload Contacts in General Account Settings.
- Be fixed that toggle should be off.
- Tap on three horizontal lines on Android App.
- Go to app settings and be fixed that continuous contacts upload toggle should be off.
- The next step is to log in to Facebook by using a web browser on any computer and visit this link https://www.facebook.com/mobile/messenger/contacts
- Here you will see all the contacts that have been automatically uploaded by Facebook Messenger.
- “Delete all” Button will show at the top, use it.
Manage Facebook Privacy settings
- Facebook’s Activity Log Tool shows your all activities (in which Including videos and posts you’ve liked) and all posts from that time since you started using Facebook.
- For this, you have to click on the activity log in the settings and you can access the information.
- If you want, you can download a copy of all your Facebook data.
- With this, you must do a privacy checkup. This privacy is found in shortcut/settings.
- It allows to choose the audience, share our selected information.
- App privacy is also important in this.
- You can see which apps you have opened with the help of Facebook login.
- It also tells the accessibility of every app