Do you use OTG in the phone ?
Now USB On-The-Go (OTG) features are coming in most of the Android phones. If you use this feature correctly, you can easily complete many tasks with a Smartphone.
Let’s know about the usefulness of this feature.
Does Your Phone Support OTG?
- There are several ways to check OTG support in the phone.
- Companies mention this thing on their site, while there are options to Unable-disable the OTG in some mobile phone settings.
- One simple another way is to get help from free apps like USB OTG checker or USB OTG tester.
- You can also use the CPU-X of Pacific Developers, It shows detailed information of Android device.
Make Data Sharing Easier
- Apps like Share-it and Xender have made it easy to transfer wireless content between smart devices.
- But if you want to copy the data in large quantities then what will you do ?
- Now you can connect a USB flash drive, portable hard drive or micro SD card with the Smartphone by using the OTG adapter.
Print Without Computer
- You can use OTG to print anything directly from the phone.
- Connect the Smartphone and USB OTG adapter from the USB cable that comes with the printer.
- When selecting the print command from the options menu, most of the new printers automatically appear in the phone.
- New printers are coming with new features, In which we can print anything directly with the help of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet etc…
Make Mini Desktop
- You can connect a wired keyboard or mouse to the Smartphone for navigation and input from the USB OTG adapter.
- Android automatically detects the connected keyboard and doesn’t even need to install a third-party driver. Just connect and type directly in any app.
Get Control On Your DSLR
- Now Wi-Fi has been added for remote control and wireless transfers in DSLR.
- Connect the camera to the Smartphone with a USB OTG adapter and data transfer cable.
- Install DSLR Control App from Play store. It allows to control the Nikon or Canon DSLR shutter.
Enjoy Of Light And Fan
- Now USB OTG Ready LED lights and fans have come.
- It Connects with micro USB to the phone.
- You can use the USB OTG Adapter for that.
Improve Your Games
- Not everyone can Play games with touch screen.
- This happens mostly in the third-party action or racing games.
- For this, can connect wired game controllers with Smartphones by OTG and enjoy gaming.
Increase Battery Capacity
- There are several smart phones coming in the market, which have 4000 to 5000 mAh batteries.
- It also supports reverse charging.
- For this, You have to check your mobile phone model.
- On this kind of Smartphone, you can connect another Smartphone to the charging cable with the help of OTG.
- In this way, you can take use the first Smartphone as a portable power bank.
- If your fitness band’s power has ended, you can charge it also in the same manner.
- This is quite useful.
Real Thermal Imaging
- Manufacturer of thermal imaging cameras FLIR has built a USB OTG FLIR camera for Android Smartphones.
- After turning on this 29-gram accessory, download the FLIR app and you will get the contactless thermal camera.
- It has its own battery. Therefore, it does not consume power from the connected device.
- It uses MSX technology like a built-in FLIR camera Smartphone (CAT S60). With this, You can also see the temperature with details.
Want Fast Internet ?
- Ethernet is primarily used for connectivity on the desktop.
- If Wi-Fi is not available or needs a fast speed, then you can also use it on your Smartphone phone.
- For this, need two thing –
- USB OTG Adapter
- USB to Ethernet Adapter
- Connect both the adapters simultaneously and plug-in the Ethernet cable.
- Ensure, that Wi-Fi and 3G/4G data are switched off so that the phone can switch over wired connections.