(भेद छिपाने की घूस / भयादोहन करना)
The act of getting money from people or forcing them to do something by threatening to tell a secret of theirs or to harm them
Sym- Extortion, Exaction, Intimidation, Threaten
E.g-1. She was a victim of ablackmail.
2. They were found guilty of ablackmail and sent to prison.
3. He alleged that she was blackmailing him.
4. The strikers claimed they were blackmailed into signing the new contract.
5. ablackmail is a very serious offence.
6. When he found out about my affair he tried to blackmail me.